Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 14 - Enjoy the View

Day 14 - I read a post that one of my facebook friends and one of Todd's classmates, John Uptmor, shared today and it helped me decide what I was going to make my picture of the day.  This person graduated with Todd and then joined the military.  He has served our country with honor and recently retired from the Army.  I want to thank him for his service, and I hope everyone appreciates the sacrifices he and his family have made for our country.  I have been a facebook friend of his for quite a while and always enjoy his posts.  John is married to a friend and classmate of mine from school.  They have an awesome family.  Stephanie is a real photographer.  Her pictures always amaze me , I always look forward to new posts showing her work, it is some of the best I have ever seen.  Those lucky enough to have her photograph their weddings will forever have works of art to remember their day.  Anyway, I saw a post on John's page this morning and I liked it, so I saved it and decided to take a picture of a tree.

It reads:  Advice from a Tree - Stand Tall and Proud - Go Out on a Limb - Remember Your Roots - Drink Plenty of Water - Be Content with Your Natural Beauty - and Enjoy the View

Pretty good advice, although we aren't perfect, we were brought into this world by people who weren't perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't be proud of who we are.  If you aren't proud then do something about it so that you can be.  Going out on a limb can be a little daunting sometimes.  I know that there have been many occasions in my life that I was pushed to do something I didn't want to and it turned out to be a great experience.  Remember your roots.  No matter where you go, or what you do, don't forget where you came from and really appreciate those that were there for you.  Drink plenty of water.  That is something you hear all the time, but is also easy to forget to do.  Be content with your natural beauty.  We all have imperfections, but embrace them and make the best with what you have.  And last but not least - Enjoy the View.  Life is short, when I think that mine is more than half over and I have went through a good part of my life not enjoying the view, actually not even noticing it I kick myself for it.  Every day stop and notice at least one thing that you have overlooked in the past.  Appreciate one person that you have taken for granted, and let them know that you appreciate them.

Enjoy the day, make the most of it you can and try your best to make someone else smile today.

No comments: