Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 1 - Bahrns Equipment

As I begin my 365 adventure - my first picture is fittingly the morning sky as I go in to work.  I have worked at this company for over 25 years and have parked in this exact spot for the majority of them.  Each morning I notice the morning sky.  Each morning I have a short conversation (one sided of course) with my mom.  She always enjoyed sunrises and sunsets and took many pictures of them over the years.  I have come to appreciate those same morning and evening skies more now that she has passed.  As I notice the sky, I also count my blessings.  I am blessed to have a job that 99/9% of the time I enjoy.  I have a boss that is without question one of the best ever.  I have been blessed with the health to come to work, a healthy family that allows me to work, and being raised in a family to understand the concept of work.

As I begin this project I hope that I learn more about my camera and the techniques used to better my photography, but I also hope that it teaches me to notice..... really notice life around me.  In the past few years I feel I haven't really enjoyed life.  Oh don't get me wrong - we have fun and laugh a lot.  But in so many ways at the end of each day, each week, month and year I end each day without really noticing all the wonderful sights, sounds and people around me.  My goal is after the next 365 days I will have learned to stop and take the time to notice.  And so this journey begins.

No comments: