Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 11 - Reflections


Day 11 - I decided to take a picture from our back deck.  The treeline is ours but the pond belongs to a neighbor.  As I looked out the window I noticed the sunrise and how it reflected in the pond.  My picture doesn't do it justice, hopefully as I learn my camera and more about photography a future picture will.

I love the colors of the sky.  I realize that different weather conditions and different seasons affect the colors.  I don't understand it all, and I am sure that many could explain it to me but I just know that the sky is pretty and it makes me realize that there is so much more going on than just what is in my little part of the world.

As I am watching the sunrise, on a very brisk morning, I realize that somewhere else in the world another person is closing their eyes as their day has ended.  Someone is dealing with a terrible day where they have received news of a new illness or a death of a loved one as another is celebrating a new birth, a last day of chemo, or maybe a wedding.  As I deal with issues of my day or problems in my world I think of those who are dealing with so much more and surviving and maybe thriving in spite of those issues.

I have quite a few people that have been a part of my life that are such inspirations.  They have endured so much and continue to stay positive and go the extra mile to help others.  They are the first there with an encouraging word, bringing the meal, sending the card and there just listening.  Those of you who fit this description, you know who you are, thanks for all you do.  For the rest of us we can only hope to be more like you.

Growing up my mom always taught that us that we should live our life so that at the end of the day we could look into a mirror and like the person we would see there.  Although I have added a lot of pounds from those days and I may not be satisfied with the physical person there right now, (this is something I am working on too) I strive hard to be the person that my mom would have been proud of.  I have a lot of improvements to be made, kind of like my photo of the reflection of the sunrise in the pond, but like that morning reflection I believe it is still something that I feel is worth working on.

Have a great week everyone.  Make your reflection one of color and beauty.

No comments: