Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 13 - Together


Day 13 - I decided to take a picture of the phrase I have on my living room wall.  I have always felt whoever coined this phrase must have known me and my family.  We are some of the most not put together bunch of people that I know but I really feel that together we can take on the world.

Todd was 22 when I met him and I was almost 21.  We were introduced by a mutual friend and he made me laugh.  Our first meeting I didn't ever picture myself spending the rest of my life with him, but he made me laugh.  As we spent more time together in our group of friends he started to grow on me and you might be able to guess, he made me laugh.  It wasn't long and we were living together and I fell in love with his quirky ways, and I felt loved and appreciated in a way I had never known.  When Mom first met him, she liked him, probably because he made her laugh.  Dad on the other hand was not so quick with the love of him.  I will tell of their first meeting with a future picture.

Through the years Todd and I have become a little more organized... note the little.  Friends will tell you we normally don't act our age, and we hope to never act it.  We laugh loud and probably inappropriately, we see the warped humor in things, and now that our kids are adults they are some of our best friends.

To do it all over again, sure I would change a thing or two, but overall I can't imagine my life any differently.  I really do believe without Todd and I coming into one another's lives when we did we would neither one know true happiness.  I know sometimes I frustrate him and he frustrates me from time to time too. I think that is normal (at least for us).  But together, I truly believe, that we have it all.

As you go out today, appreciate other's quirkiness, This wonderful world wouldn't be wonderful if we were all the same and we were all organized and perfect.  It is because of families like mine that the ones who really do have it all together look so good.




No comments: