Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 23 - Expressions

Day 23 - A rose.  A simple rose.  This flower is used for a lot of things.  Different color roses are supposed to represent different emotions.  Red, like the one above, shows love or romance.  Yellow is sometimes sent in friendship, for good health or joy.  White is used in marriage, sometimes to show spirituality.  Orange can represent enthusiasm or passion. Pink many times represents love, gratitude or appreciation.

Cut flowers are nice and I know a lot of women love to receive them.  I guess, like many other aspects of my life, I am not the normal person.  I would much rather receive something that I can replant and it can continue to bloom in the future rather than fade away in a short time.  I know that cut flowers are expensive and they are nice, it is just that their beauty fades so quickly.  Don't get me wrong, these flowers are great, they were sent with the most sincerest intentions and my daughter loved receiving them.

There are so many ways to express our feelings, sometimes with flowers or gifts, sometimes with words or even just a smile or hug.  I know I was raised by a mom that for many years didn't really seem to know how to express her love.  She loved us, that we knew, but a hug seemed hard to give when we were growing up.  My dad was the one that gave the hugs.  I think is also was because he didn't see us all the time.  My mom's mother wasn't a real emotional type of a person either.  As Mom became a grandmother she became much more of a hugger and had no trouble showing her love to the kids and everyone in general.  It was as if the grand kids melted the layer around her heart that didn't allow her to show emotion.  I also think that many in that generation were raised to be colder and harder, to suck it up and not let your feelings show.

Along with these flowers, my daughter's boyfriend also made a very nice post on her facebook page on the anniversary of their first date.  He caught a lot of grief about it, but I found it refreshing.  I am glad she has a man in her life that isn't afraid to let her know how much he cares, that he is proud enough of her and their relationship to let others know it as well.  Most of the ones who made fun of him for these expressions are men.  I could be wrong, but I think that most women would love if the man in their life would express their feelings more.  I think it is an endearing trait that could make the world much better.

As you deal with those you love, if the opportunity presents itself, express your feelings.  Show those you love that you really do love them.  If you think you will have plenty of time to do this, you may not.  None of us are promised tomorrow, so live with no regrets because the opportunity may never present itself again.


No comments: