Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 48 - Buddies

Day 48 - Recently I was at one of Kaden's Altamont Lions Club basketball games and I decided to take a couple of pictures of my grandson, Kale, and his best buddy, Garrett.  These two are, as my mom would have said, thick as thieves.  They are best of friends while attending Frog Pond, or at daycare during the day.  These two look for one another and usually when they are together their smiles look like they did above.

Growing up I remember some of my many childhood friends.  Some I have found on Facebook and some I consider my family because they are still a big part of my life today.  I know that all of these people mattered and came into my life at a time in my life where they assisted me in becoming who I am.  I consider myself so blessed to have a number of friends that I also consider family.  I have a few that are my lifeline when I need one.  They seem to know that I need to hear from them even before I realize it myself.  They seem to contact me for some reason just when I was thinking about them.  These people know who they are and they know that although we may not talk on a daily basis they are in my prayers and my thoughts each day.

Watching my grandsons bond with their friends, some are their cousins as well as their friends, is so rewarding.  I know that some of these bonds may not be a forever bond, but as they share these smiles, and memories they are still helping them grow into future best friends for someone, and hopefully the bond with these special people will continue.

I know that family is so important to me, I also realize that family isn't always the person that is related to you through blood or marriage.  I am very lucky to say that I feel a friendship with many members of my family, but I also feel a kinship like family with some of the best people in the world, my dear friends.

The kind words from friends on Facebook when I lost each of my parents are still considered dear to me.  The kind & loving conversations I have had with those close to me when I needed a shoulder to lean on have helped me survive some dark times in my life.  When I was sick those that were there to encourage me throughout my healing helped more than I can ever express.

If you have a friend or many friends that are family to you, count your blessings.  Those in your life that you choose as family are special, appreciate them and let them know that you do.  To all of you, and you know who you are, that have been and/or are that friend to someone, including me, Thank You.  Thanks for all you do and thanks for being you.

No comments: