Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 47 - Busy as a Bee

.  
Day 47 - This picture was taken outside of Bahrns Equipment.  I have enjoyed the blooms of this plant each spring for a number of years, but I guess I never took the time to notice the bees that were working so feverishly to pollinate this and many other plants.  A co-worker mentioned the bees so I thought I would try to take a picture of one of them.  This was from a distance but as I watched them go from bloom to bloom never staying in one spot for long I was impressed with their work ethic.

As a person with self diagnosed Attention Deficit I can relate to this bee.  I go through my average day with a number of projects on my desk and trying to force myself to finish each one before allowing my mind to fly off to something or somewhere else.  I realize that if I finished one thing before changing gears I could probably accomplish so much more, but this is the way I have went through life in general.  Like this bee, I do get a lot of things done, but sometimes it is hard for others to follow my progress.  This bee didn't sit still very long so I took a number of shots before I got this photo.  It is in no way a picture that is of the quality of many I have seen, but it is an attempt and it is one of the better bee pictures I have ever gotten.  I will admit, I haven't tried many times before, but I will assure you it won't be my last attempt either.

If you are a person that has everything in life figured out and planned down to the moment, more power to you.  I do admire that trait in people.  I will have to say, though, that my life, filled with spontaneity and free spiritedness, is kind of interesting as well.  Our family does a lot of last minute planning.  This has allowed us many fun memories.  My goal is to be a little more organized and my challenge to those friends of mine that are always on time, always have their life planned out and organized is to be a little more bee like and see what memories can be made.

Have a wonderful day and be happy with yourself.  Give yourself and those you love some slack and enjoy the outcome.

No comments: