Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 37 - Good Morning!

Day 37 - This picture was one that made me stop my van on the way to work because I just loved the colors of the sky at sunrise.  This is actually facing south so it isn't really of the sunrise, but the sky was just so pretty.  It was a good morning.  This time of year I consider any morning without anything frozen on the ground a good morning.  It was a wonderful spring morning.

Every morning the alarm goes off and the list of things that have to be accomplished starts rolling in the mind.  The tempting snooze button is right there so big and easy to touch to make the very annoying song of "Good Morning - Good Mooorning it's time to wake up now, good morning good morning to you!" stop playing.  If I take the first alarm I will have time to get up walk on the treadmill for a few minutes or go up and down my steps a few times before jumping into the shower..... but if I allow myself to touch that snooze button that is so inviting I can allow myself nine - yes nine more minutes of some of the best sleep of the entire night.  I'm not going to lie to you, and if you know me it won't be hard for you to figure out which is the norm for me.  Yep, snooze it is.  Todd always reminds me that if I just set the alarm for when I really need to get up we could both enjoy nine - yes nine more minutes of really good sleep, but there is always the chance that this morning is going to be one of my get up on time mornings, I refuse to give up the hope.

Anyway, whether I am walking, climbing or snoozing it has become my goal to first take time to give thanks for another day of life.  Then I give thanks for the fact that I do have a job, am healthy enough to go there.  I then give thanks for my family and friends and pray for their health and the health of those they love.  I didn't always do this, I used to just wake up, go through the motions and really not take the time to appreciate all that I do have.  I went through a good part of life being jealous for those that made more money, were thinner and prettier than I am, had the big houses and fancy cars and not even realizing how good I really had it.  After getting so sick back in 2007 and 2008 I made a promise that if I survived that illness that I would not take those things for granted again.  I realized that by being envious of all the things that I didn't have I had completely under-appreciated all that I did have.

Is my life perfect, no not by a long shot, but is is perfect for me, I really do believe it is pretty darn close.  Does this mean I won't dream of being in great shape, making more money, being debt free and having a newer vehicle?  No, those will still be thoughts, but before I am envious of those that seem to have so much more than I do, I will take inventory and realize just how lucky I am to have what I have.

So Good Morning/Afternoon/ or Evening to you.  Please take inventory, say thanks for what is there and work on what needs improved a little at a time.  Realize that sometimes those that seem to have it all together aren't any better put together than those of us that show our faults.  At least I am gonna believe that as I take my next nine - yes nine minute snooze.

No comments: