Friday, November 6, 2015

Enjoy..... Really Enjoy


I have gotten very lax with my blog posts and am hoping to put it as a priority again.  I really enjoy posting and love getting feedback from those that read what I write, so I am not sure why I have let it slip down on my list of priorities, but I have.  

This picture was taken in a family member's pool.  It was a memory for me of two brothers having fun together.  They are 10 and 4 but they still, for the most part, enjoy one another's company.  This summer I got to take them with me when I went to house sit for my in-laws and had the opportunity to spend some much needed Grandma time.  

As I write this I am waiting for a call from my youngest daughter to let me know that another grandson is ready to make his entrance into the world.  I have three grandsons now and am looking so forward to another one.  Can I honestly say that I would have been disappointed if the sonogram earlier this year had shown that I was going to need to start shopping in the little girls section?  No, I would have been happy with a little girl too but I am also excited to add another boy to our bunch.  

As for this particular picture, the smiles automatically make me smile.  The days that I can sit back and enjoy, I mean really enjoy my grand kids are some of my most treasured days.  To listen to a giggle that you caused by something you said or did can make any day better and bring me out of any negative state of mind immediately.  To hear the word Grandma, or ma ma as my grandsons have called me when they can't pronounce grandma is one of the best sounds in the world.  

The ability to spend time with kids and enjoy them is a treasure that is worth more than any monetary thing could be.  If you have kids or grand kids, or nieces or nephews take the time.... really take the time to enjoy the moments you get because they won't be little long and the days that they have time for us will be only a memory.  Their lives will get busy like our lives are now and when the shoe is on the other foot we will be wishing we had taken the time to enjoy...... really enjoy them when we had the chance.  


No comments: