Monday, June 6, 2016

PaPa

I

I decided to post this picture of two very important guys to me.  The young man on the left is my grandson.  He is the youngest of my oldest daughter's kids and he is jumping into the arms of my husband, Todd.  This little guy as well as his two older brothers think the sun rises and sets in Papa Todd.  

Papa Todd is the guy that will tote them around for hours when they are little enough to be held.  Mama snuggles with them but when it comes to hossing them around I am not one to do that.  Papa Todd is the one that purposely ignores the sound of the candy jar opening when it is too early or too late for them to have more candy.  They know Papa Todd will probably allow them a few more handfuls of candy then what they should have.  

On this day Papa Todd was teaching Keaton to jump into his arms from the top of a picnic table.  He was a little hesitant at first, but he knew Papa wouldn't let him fall and eventually jumped into his arms. 

We are blessed to have wonderful grandkids and along with our kids they are what makes life so very wonderful.  I look forward to any chance to spend time with them and being called Grandma or Mama is some of the best times I have ever known.  

I remember my Grandparents.  I had some wonderful ones and the ones that have passed are dearly missed. I am glad we have been allowed to be here for our grandkids and I hope we will be around for a long time to enjoy them.  My Grandad is going to be 105 years old in a few weeks.  He is my step - grandfather, so I didn't get any of those genes, but he is a really wonderful man who has always been kind hearted.

The trust a child puts into an adult is so heartwarming.  Even before we have had the opportunity to earn their trust, they instinctively trust us.  When I watch Todd play ball or interact with our grand kids I love him even more than before.  I know he loves those kids so much and he enjoys the fact that when we walk in the door, the boys normally say "Grandpa!!! oh, hi Grandma"  It makes me happy to know that we are loved and our grandkids know they are and will always be loved as well.

We all need to remember to earn the trust that we have been given and show those we love how we feel.  If someday a tomorrow comes and I am no longer here, I feel confident that my family will know that I care so deeply for them all and they have been such a blessing to me.  I hope that I am around for many more years, but through the loss of my parents and other loved ones I know all too well that life is too short to not be happy.

No comments: